- Jan '07 -
I have a re-occurring problem when I use handicapped parking spaces. I am young looking and do not appear to have physical limitations at first glance. People often think I am illegally using the parking spaces for the disabled. Well meaning do-gooders approach my car to let me know that I accidentally pulled up into a blue parking spot. I point to my license plate but they aren't convinced that the car with the disabled plates belongs to me. I have been yelled at by senior citizens at the post office for taking up disabled parking, dismissed by the volunteer parking enforcement ladies that work for my city's police department (blue hairs themselves), and refused admittance to the teacher's parking lot at my son's school that contains the only accessible parking spaces. I'm tired of having to constantly explain to people that 1) yes I have a right to park here, and 2) I have the need to park here.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment