http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/7_on_your_side&id=6011665
Too bad the news crew showed up on a rainy day, when I felt like crud, and the house was a mess. Oh and did I mention I had a big blemish on my face? I had tried to postpone our interview for another time but no luck. They knew better than I that time wasn’t on my side. Plus we had already postponed our in-person interview once before due to a breaking news story. So into the house came the reporter, the camera man, the camera, and the lighting equipment. Yikes! I’m going to be on TV. Me and my messy house! Panic starts to set in. Am I doing the right thing? Could it make things worse? Too late now. I woulda, coulda, shoulda thought of that before. Public speaking terrifies me. How was I going to be able to talk on camera? I was so distracted by the camera equipment that I had a hard time maintaining eye contact with the interviewer. I had those shifty looking eyes as I glanced back and forth between the camera and the reporter. And I couldn’t sit still and stay focused. I couldn’t tell if my if my jiggyness was caused by my meds or from my nerves. I had the 'michael j fox thing’ going on. Boy was I interviewing well.
After the news story aired the other day I started receiving requests from friends asking what they could do to help. I didn't know. I still don't. I feel lame not having an answer. Wave a magic wand and cure what ails me? That way I can return to work and take care of my family and myself?
Somebody asked me if I had a web page so they could forward my story to others. I don't. But thought, hmm, sounds like a good idea. I emailed an old friend of mine, D.N., who is computer brilliant. Yes, he could create a web page but his suggestion was for me to create a blog instead. Besides it's free. I told you he was brilliant. Remembering that I had posted something before on a blog, I set out to find it and update it. Not wanting to type anymore than necssary I cut and pasted things I had written before to others about PD. Soon it was done.
I sent my blog to a few friends for input. M.B. suggested I add a few weblinks to PD organizations and include some photos, especially the now famous pill bottle I use. (I took it with us on a road trip with her and our kids once so she was very familiar with it).
So that's the reason I'm blabbing on a blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment