The attention from the news media appears to be having an effect with Wachovia. I've been assigned a case worker for my mortgage. This is huge. Having a designated person to talk to will save me loads of time on the phone. Something I've grown to dislike these days - the phone.
On Friday, Wachovia agreed to accept a partial payment on what I owe, which will temporarily halt the foreclosure proceedings. They want the cashier's check back, that they previously refused to take, by this Friday. And we must meet the next 3 month's payments on time. The amount due each month will be approximately $200 more. At the end of 3 months they will re-visit our request for a loan modification (puts your past due fees, any missed payments, lawyer fees, foreclousre fees, etc to the back of your loan). Whitney, my contact person, did tell me that there is no guarantee that my request for a loan modification will be approved. Depending on what my debt ratio is in 3 month's I could be turned down again. If turned down, or if I'm late on any of the next 3 payments, foreclosure proceedings will continue where they left off.
Its just a band-aid but at least its a start!
I don't have anything in writing from Wachovia yet. I was supposed to be faxed a copy of their offer this past Friday. When I called Wachovia yesterday morning to inquire about it I learned that my contact person is on vacation this week! Whitney gave no indication that she wouldn't be available this week to finalize this. I've called back several times since my Friday conversation with her. Each time I've been told that the manager's are in meetings and someone will get back to me. Whitney and I played phone tag for 7 days before actually speaking to each other the first time. No kidding. How much longer is it going to take this time? And how much more in fees will I be assessed now!
This is so upsetting on so many different levels. Don't these people realize that I have other pressing things to do with my limited time and energy than waste it at the computer or on the phone with them? My kids need help with their homework. Science projects were due last week. The week before that California Missions projects had to be turned in. I haven't been able to give my children the attention they need lately with their studies. I haven't been practicing sight words with my kindergartner. Lack of parental involvement directly impacts grades. Tonight is open house. I'm not looking forward to going.
My neighbors have taken notice of all the car traffic to my address lately. Strangers are on our court now, taking photos of my house, walking in my yard with measuring tapes, knocking on the door asking to see the inside! NOTICE TO BARGAIN SEEKERS OR ALLEDGED APPRAISERS: The next one of you who approaches my house while my children are present, or who snaps a picture of it while they are playing, will be hunted down and beaten severely! Then the police will be called.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment