Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm not mad. I have Parkinson's Disease.

My response to an email from a family member when I failed to return their phone call in a timely manner in mid Dec '07.

"I called the other day to talk to you about Christmas for the kids, (name removed) has also called...WHATS WRONG ? are you mad at me over something?"

"No. I'm not mad. I have Parkinson's Disease. And it is taking over my life. This past year I've seen a rapid increase in my symptoms. I'm on the most amount of meds allowed. And I'm also on Simemet, which I am told is the drug of last resort for treating symptoms of PD. I'm struggling with maintaining a home and raising children. My house is in chaos. Our bills have fallen behind. I am on the couch more than I'm on my feet. I have to take naps 1-2 times a day.
More later having spasm now"

No comments: